Fresh: Nani completes move to Valencia

Portugal international Nani have completed a £7million move to join Spanish side Valencia. The former Manchester United forward showed fans some serious capoeira (Brazilian martial arts dance) moves at his unveiling at new club. The former Manchester United player will hopeto have many more goals – and somersaults –in him at Valencia.
“This is a very special day for me,”Nani told Valencia’s English-language web site.“I’m happy to joining a great club and I hope to be at Valencia CF for many years to come.“I thank Suso [sporting director Jésus Garcia Pitarch] and Kim Koh [Valencia CF director] for their interest in signing me, and now I hope to repay that confidence they have placed in me with hard work, dedication and goals.”Recall that Nani was part of the Portuguese team that won thejust concluded Euro 2016Championships in France,with Ronaldo presenting him his silver boot, Nani says he loves the Brazilian style of dance after football.“If I was not playing football, I was doing capoeira with my friends.“Capoeira started to be one of my hobbies – I enjoyed it a lot when I started to learn some good movements, and in a short time I was oneof the best in the group”Portuguese winger Nani shows off his Capoeira moves as he’s unveiled at Spanish club Valencia“But of course my dream of football always came first – so I had to choose football or capoeira. Even my friends were pushing me to football. It’s like we say: God always has something planned for you”, and my opportunity came when I went to train at Sporting.”  Nani may have moved-on from a serious pursuit of capoeira, but his acrobatic celebrations after scoring a goal owe a lot to the game.“Now I only allow myself a somersault or two when I score but I learned some death-defying flips when I practised capoeira,”he said.

Post a Comment

1 Comments