UNILAG students rob school mates

Three students of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) have been arrested by the police in Lagos for a robbery attack on some of their colleagues.
The suspects were on their way out of the campus, through the University’s second gate, when two of them were arrested .
Policemen from the State Criminal Investigations Department (Panti) later arrested the third suspect, who initially escaped .
One of the suspects, said it was one of their victims who stayed around the UNILAG second gate that identified them and raised the alarm .
The suspect said: “I picked the axe at Makoko area after some hoodlums in the area engaged each other, but I took it to school without any motive of using it to rob, but I don’t know what came over me that very day.”
“I am a foundation student in Political Science department. After my exam on that fateful day, I went to the Sports Centre with my friends to relax, when we got there, I asked another friend to invite some of the students whom we met there to come and join us, but they refused.”
The suspect also confessed, “I stood up from where we were and ordered the students to follow me to where we were sitting. I then brought out the axe and then threatened to kill them if they did not
hand over their phones and money to me.”
 “After robbing the students , my friends and I left for Makoko, but one of our victims, who had told us that he was staying in Iwaya identified us. My friends were held by the policemen and the school security guards, but I escaped and was later rearrested two weeks after,” Henry added.
 “I don’t know how my parents will feel if they see. me in this situation. It was my friends in school who pushed into the crime, I regret my action,” he noted.

Post a Comment

0 Comments