Kossyvibes Sports: Louis Van Gaal Announces Retirement from Football

Former Ajax, Barcelona, AZ, Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Netherlands coach Louis Van Gaal has announced his retirement from football in any capacity.

“I am a pensioner now. I have no ambition to be a technical director or TV pundit.” Van Gaal, 67, said. “My wife Truus gave up her job for me 22 years ago, and followed me when I went abroad. I told her I would quit as a coach when I turned 55, but instead kept going until I was 65.
“She is entitled to have a life with me outside of football. I can say she is very happy.”
He won the Champions League in 1995 with Ajax, La Liga twice at Barcelona, the Bundesliga with Bayern and the Eredivisie three times with Ajax and once with AZ. Overall, Van Gaal managed in 899 games and won 20 trophies.

Post a Comment

0 Comments