Kossyvibes Sports: Gundogan Hints at Man City Exit

Ilkay Gundogan has suggested he could seek a new challenge away from Manchester City, although he insists he is happy playing for the club.
The Germany international's contract expires at the end of next season and he has yet to agree to an extension.

Manager Pep Guardiola stated at the weekend that he wants Gundogan to stay, but only if the player himself feels truly committed to the team.
Gundogan says talks are ongoing, but he is refusing to offer any guarantees over his future.
"There is no decision yet, otherwise I would have signed. I'd say we are still in talks but I don't feel much pressure," he told a news conference ahead of Tuesday's Champions League last-16 second leg against Schalke.
"This is something everyone has to decided for themselves. I am 28 years old - my next contract will maybe decide where I will be until the end of my career.
"Everyone feels different, maybe someone feels like a new challenge or to change something. I am always open-minded for challenges. It's a personal situation. It's not obvious, but everyone has to make their own decision."

Post a Comment

0 Comments