She has no regard for me, husband tells court


An Igando customary court in Lagos, Lagos State, has dissolved the 22-year-old marriage between one Samson Atunwa and his wife, Comfort, over irreconcilable differences.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported that the divorce hearing into the marriage blessed with three children began in October last year.
Atunwa had accused his wife of instigating his tenants against him.
He also accused her of frequent fighting and lack of respect for him and members of his family.
“My tenants don’t respect me because she discusses my issues with them and they don’t pay rent as and when due.
“She has no respect for me, she has no regards for my family and I can no longer tolerate this,” Samson said.
Comfort, however, denied all the allegations by her estranged husband.
She said: “I have never discussed him with his tenants; why would I do that when he feeds me and the children and also takes care of the children from the money realised from rents.
“I have always shown him respect but I guess my respect is not good enough for him; I am as tired as he is of the marriage.”
 President of the court, Adegboyega Omilola, pronounced the marriage dissolved.
Omilola ordered the plaintiff to pay N15, 000 monthly for the upkeep of the children.’

Post a Comment

0 Comments