Man Abandoned his Responsibilities to his Family

An Osogbo customary court in Osun State has
dissolved the eight-year-old marriage between
Kadijat and her estranged husband, Sikiru Olawale,
over alleged battering.

Kadijat told the court that her husband, a
photographer, usually beat her whenever he was
drunk, adding that he does not care for their
children.
Kadijat, a businesswoman, also alleged that her
estranged husband had abandoned his
responsibilities to his family.
She said that she was the one taking care of the
children and paying their school fees.
“My husband used to beat me and my children
whenever he is drunk.
“I pay the school fees of our kids and feed the family
but that is not enough reason for him not to beat
me,” she said.
The defendant did not make appearance in court.
In her ruling, the president of the court, Bolarinwa
Popoola, dissolved the marriage.
She said that the dissolution was with immediate
effect.

Post a Comment

0 Comments